RULES AND GUIDELINES
MINECRAFT HACKATHON – “SMART CITY” THEME
- Minecraft Hackathon is open for groups/teams of children from 8 to 15 years of age.
- Teams will be classified into 2 categories:
Children from 8 – 11 years of age
Tools: Tynker, Makecode or other drag and drop programming languages similar to Minecraft
No more than 4 members
Children from 12 – 15 years of age
Tools: Makecode, Python, Java or other programming languages similar to Minecraft
No more than 4 members
- Each team can only submit 01 entry project.
Register and submit entry from 01/01/2019 – 31/03/2019
- Each team has no more than 4 people.
- “Smart city” entry project must be submitted to build and create a smart city (models of houses, streets, buildings, offices, etc.) that applied information technology and artificial intelligence to improve urban living standards and use natural resources efficiently.
- To better understanding about “Smart City”, teams are encourage to look into the way that smart functions and features are used in public so as to come up with new ideas and solutions to build and develop smart city under Minecraft platform.
- Contestants should only use programming languages and tools allowed for each category.
- Submit entry under the form of PDF or PTT:
- Entry file should be clear and informative (PDF/PPT and demo pictures).
- Video describing entry project should be under 2 minutes.
- Poster of Smart City should be used to better introduce ideas.
- Programming file of entry project should be included.
- Registration and submissions will be on the official website of the competition: minecraft-hackathon.com.
- The finale will be held for only 01 day in Hanoi.
- Any teams that fail to register or submit team entry will be disqualified.
- Contestants must fill in their personal information and take full responsibility for these information.
- Contestants are in charge of the copyright, image and sound of their entry project.
- Entry project must be final and do not contain inappropriate images or violate any policies/ regulations of Vietnam.
- Teams must follow regulations set by organizers and published on minecraft-hackathon.com.
The finale will be held on 28/04/2019 and divided into 2 rounds: Categories and Finale.
- Categories: 09:00 AM – 12:00 AM, 28/04/2019
- Each team will have their own booth and uniform.
- The judges will grade each project and booth; each team has 5 minutes to introduce and present their ideas.
- 05 teams with the highest scores will attend the finale.
- Each team will have 30 minutes to decorate their booth with the poster.
- Grading criteria include ideas, functions, designs, presentations, programming skills and teamwork.
- Finale: 02:00 PM – 03:15 PM, 28/04/2019
- Each team will present and answer questions in 5 minutes.
- Grand prize and other prizes will be announced and given to each team.
Location: Hanoi (The exact address will be announced shortly.)
Time: Sunday, 28/04/2019
Violations and fines
Any team that violates the competition regulations will not be graded.
Any contestant or team that uses improper words or behave inappropriately will be eliminated immediately.
- Any team that edits codes or content of poster in the grading process will receive first-time warning.
- Any team that receives second-time warning will be subtracted 20% of their total score.
- Any team that receives third-time warning will be subtracted 100% of their total score.
Organizers can change or add regulations accordingly to the competition based on actual conditions. Any changes will be announced before the finale.
In reality, there are still possibilities that organizers cannot anticipate. In those circumstances, organizers will respect judge’s decisions.
*These prizes include cash, scholarships and gifts from sponsors.